You know what time it is? SUMMER TIME! This Memorial Day Weekend is always the big kick off to a round of summer fun, grilling, BBQs, picnics, beach lunches!
But my husband and I don't limit our grilling and outdoor eating to the summer - we pretty much grill up foods whenever it's decent enough to get outside to the grill! Our favorites are grilled chicken, burgers, and ribs! Yum!
I admit I'm a frequent Ziploc user! I LOVE the sturdy storage options. Because Ziploc is so sturdy, you don't HAVE to throw it out after just one use... I reuse my Ziploc containers until they are on their last legs! I also will rinse out a Ziploc baggie if possible - like if it only had dry ingredients, or maybe some fruit and veggies inside. So, there are ways to be resourceful about using Ziploc products.
My favorite is their new Big Bag products - I use these to store camping clothing and towels so they don't get that damp/camp feeling or smell!
Ziploc Brand along with Robin Miller from the Food Network is working to help families have fun cookouts and use their resources wisely! Here's some tips from Robin Miller to help you with your next cookout!
- Marinate - Make your dishes flavorful by marinating meats (chicken, pork, beef, fish) in easy to use Ziploc® Brand Freezer Bags! You can marinate overnight, or just for a few hours. You can even marinate those veggies for grilling or kebab-ing! Clean-up will be easy! You could rinse the bag out (but I personally don't recommend re-using a bag that has had raw meat in it), or just toss it!
- Dip - Dipping stations let guests add their own flavor to your grilled foods! (check out Miller's Beef Kebab with Three Dips recipe!). Don't limit yourself to meats - try dipping fish, veggies, or even grilled fruits!
- Prep, Store, or Take - Save time by sealing in freshness - with Ziploc Brand Containers with the Smart SnapSeal. Your foods go from fridge to coller easily! Check out Miller's Spiral PastaW/ Pesto, Sundried Tomatoes & Pine Nuts or other favorites like homemade dips served with chips and pita wedges. These are great options to Prep, Store, and Take to your next BBQ!
- Pack - Save money on your travels, pack a picnic instead of buying expensive meals. (Like crazy-expensive museum and theme-park eateries!?). Use Ziploc® Brand Slider Storage and Freezer Bags with the Smart Zip™ Seal to store utensils and keep napkins dry. Or, pack some pre-moistened paper towels in the Ziploc® Brand Freezer Bags for spills and clean-up.
Wanna win some great Ziploc products to get your summer going!? This is the FIRST ever giveaway here at In Mom's Humble Opinion (IMHO). I'm excited!
Win It - One reader will win a Ziploc Prize Pack, which includes an array of Ziploc Freezer and Storage Bags and Slider Bags as well as Ziploc Containers.
Include your email address if it is NOT visible in your profile so I can contact you!
HOW TO ENTER: No mandatories. 1 comment per entry. 1 entry per task.
- Like Ziploc on Facebook
- Follow this blog (IMHO) with GFC (OR, with Networked Blogs if GFC is giving you troubles!)
- Follow this blog on Twitter @MomHumblOpinion - leave your username in comment
- Share this giveaway via Twitter or Facebook - leave direct link in comment.
Disclosure: This post was written for Family Review Network & Ziploc who provided the complimentary product for review (and giveaway) in exchange for my honest opinions. I was not compensated in any other way, and all opinions are 100% my own.
Did you know I also write a family life and parenting blog? Check out A Year With Mom and Dad - I'd love to have you as a new reader!!