But here's an intersting one... personality by pasta! I really didn't know pasta could determine your personality. But apparently... it can! I took the Carrabba's Personality Quiz on Facebook and my results are...
I AM SPAGHETTI.I knew it: You’re genuine and well loved, like Carrabba’s Spaghetti and Meatballs. Your warm and comforting personality makes you everybody’s best friend.
Sounds just like me!! After all, I'm an Italian by birth, and grew up eating pasta at just about every meal - including major holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. So pasta runs deep in my personality, you could say! Spaghetti does seem like a "hometown favorite" dish, which makes sense why I fall into this category, because I tend to be friendly and liked among a variety of "clique" groups. And people tell me all the time that I am always good to be a listening ear and have a very open and comforting personality! Yep, just like spaghetti!
According to my pasta personality test, Carrabba recommends I try out their hand-prepared meatballs over perfectly cooked imported spaghetti. Sounds yummy. And sounds like JUST what I might order!
But... if I were going to create a "signature dish" of my own at Carrabba's, here's my favorite pasta dish I make all the time at home (thanks to my sister-in-law!):
Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta with Peas!
- Boil 1 box pasta of choice according to package (I like penne or bow tie). Drain and hold for creamy sauce to be ready!
- In saute pan, melt 2 T butter.
- Lightly saute 1 T minced garlic.
- Then make a roue by adding 2 T flour, stir until moist.
- Slowly whisk in 3/4 cup milk.
- When mixture is smooth, add 3/4 cup chicken broth.
- Simmer until slightly thickened. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add 1/8 cup dried parsley, and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Add 1 cup frozen peas and simmer until heated through.
This recipe is SO delicious, let me tell you. And because it uses milk, not cream, I THINK it might be healthier than Alfredo. Maybe.
***You should check out your Pasta Personality at Carrabba's Facebook Quiz!! I'd be curious to know what your "pasta-personality" is like!
Also - special offer for all Carrabba fans (and those who want to try them out):
CARRABBA’S PASTA: Carrabba’s makes every pasta dish by hand with the freshest ingredients. Pasta is cooked perfectly every time and signature sauces are made from scratch daily.
LIMITED TIME OFFERS: Now through July 2011.
Featured Signature Pasta Meal:
- Pasto Rambo – Named for the chef who created it, it’s made with shrimp tossed with imported Italian linguine, spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes sautéed in our basil lemon butter sauce. Lobster is available instead of shrimp for an additional cost.
- Parmesan-crusted Chicken – Topped with fresh arugula and grape tomatoes tossed in a hand-prepared lemon vinaigrette, served with choice of side. Substitution of wood-grilled chicken also available. Pairs well with Estancia Pinot Grigio.
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin – Three pork tenderloin medallions wrapped with prosciutto, wood-grilled and topped with an apple and fig infused port wine sauce, served with the vegetable of the day. Pairs well with Coppola Pinot Noir.
- Limoncello Bread Pudding – Back by popular demand! Brioche bread pudding made with fresh Madagascar vanilla beans and a rich custard, served hot out of the oven. Topped with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream and drizzled with Carrabba’s homemade Caravella Limoncello liqueur sauce.
Now don't those sound yummy, no matter WHAT your personality is?
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Carrabba’s blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.